Valerie grew up in a military family, moving around to various duty stations until her father retired to Augusta GA. She graduated high school from The Academy of Richmond County in Augusta then attended Radiography School at University Hospital in Augusta. She worked 40 hour weekends as an x-ray tech while attending Augusta College and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration in 1989. She has lived in Columbus since 1990 and commuted to Atlanta for law school where she obtained her Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School in 1994. Valerie has been in private practice since 1994 and continues to show her love of the legal profession by representing her clients with passion and excellent legal representation.
Valerie is an active member of Cornerstone Baptist church in Ellerslie GA. She enjoys underwater photography, traveling and spending time with her family.
- Licensed since 1994
- Augusta College - Bachelor of Business Administration (1989)
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta - Juris Doctor (1994)
- BV Rated - Martindale-Hubbell (2015)
- Attorney - Valerie Long, Attorney at Law (Since 1994)
- State Bar of Georgia - Member (1994 - Present)
- Columbus Bar Association (1994- Present)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys - Member (2005 - Present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member (2010 - Present)
- GA Association of Women Lawyers (2010- Present)
- National Association of Tax Professionals - Member (2015 - Present)
- Ft. Benning JAG Office - Chapter 7 (2004)